5.10.2011

Die For Me by Amy Plum

Who: Amy Plum
What: Die For Me
When: May 10th, 2011
Where: Harperteen
Why: Hype
How: For Review





My life had always been blissfully, wonderfully normal.
But it only took one moment to change everything.

Suddenly, my sister,
Georgia, and I were orphans. We put our lives into storage and moved to Paris to
live with my grandparents. And I knew my shattered heart, my shattered life,
would never feel normal again. Then I met Vincent.

Mysterious, sexy, and
unnervingly charming, Vincent Delacroix appeared out of nowhere and swept me off
my feet. Just like that, I was in danger of losing my heart all over again. But
I was ready to let it happen.

Of course, nothing is ever that easy.
Because Vincent is no normal human. He has a terrifying destiny, one that puts
his life at risk every day. He also has enemies . . . immortal, murderous
enemies who are determined to destroy him and all of his kind.

While I'm
fighting to piece together the remnants of my life, can I risk putting my
heart—as well as my life and my family's—in jeopardy for a chance at love?

This book was such a breath of fresh air! To be honest, I never really wanted to read it that much. The summary seemed interesting, but not enough to grab me. The concept sounded so much like every other book that I just brushed it off. But when it landed unexpectedly on my porch, I decided to give it a chance. And good thing I did!

Die For Me is the story of Kate, who moves to Paris after her parents die to live with her grandparents, along with her sister. Once she gets there though, she meets Vincent and gets sucked into this crazy world of people called Reverents. This is the type of book that makes me not lose faith in Paranormal Romance! The myth and legend that surrounds the Reverents was absolutely amazing and so originally done that I was hooked from the moment everything starts getting revealed. I sympathized with Kate, and was cheering for her the whole way! She was level-headed and most of all, SMART.

My favorite part of this book is a battle between the setting and the side characters. I loved Amy's description of Paris, and it definitely did it justice! I don't remember if she used to live there or lives there now, but she definitely captured the essence as well as the actual places perfectly. And then there are the side-characters. HIS "FAMILY."

Love, love, love. I loved every single one of them, but especially Jules. He was cocky, confident, and so funny that he definitely took over everyone else for my favorite. And I've been informed there'll be more of him in book two, so this makes me infinitely happy! Ambrose was equally amazing, and so were the twins! Georgie, her sister, is kind of a airhead to realistically enough that she was believable. Sometimes, when people are grieving, they do crazy things. Get into that kind of trouble that she did was hers, and it wasn't her fault.

Vincent, I had conflicted feelings with in the beginning, but I ended up just the same as Katie, loving his character. In the beginning, he does seem aloof and distant and makes you want to, you know, pull your hair out with the whole mystery crap. But Plum has a writing sense that really opens up the character to you not at once, but throughout the entire story. That character development really tied the knot for me! Plus, their romance was absolutely adorable.

Happy Reading!
-Harmony

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...