5.20.2011

Top Ten Thursday (Ermm...Tuesday)

Yes, you know I suck at keeping up with the days I want to post things! But Top Ten Tuesday, which is hosted by the awesomely fabulous ladies at Broke and Bookish, had side character has their topic for this week and I wanted to do it!

1. Jules - Die For Me by Amy Plum

If you read my review, you know my love for Jules. He provided some needed comic relief and was downright awesome.

2. Hana - Delirium by Lauren Oliver

Yeah, she got Lena involved in a lot of stupid crap that probably could've been avoided if Lena wasn't a good person. BUT, she was fabulously developed and the story would've have moved the direction it went without her. Best friends are hardy ever relevant to plot unless the main character is getting back-stabbed by them, so I loved it!

3. Kaleb - Hourglass by Myra McEntire

Yeah, this is probably cheating since this book isn't out yet, but HEY, my blog! You already know my love for Kaleb because of my Hourglass post, but he just had to make the list. Funny, charming, and down-right sexy.

4. Raffin - Graceling by Kristin Cashore

Not that I'm biased to all her characters, since that's pretty much my favorite book ever. But Raffin is funny, sweet, and really cares about Katsa. I loved all his experiments, like the potion that cures headache but turns your hair blue!

5. Puck - The Iron Fey Series by Julie Kagawa

Put your spears down ladies, I love Ash. And think he's the only one for Meagan. And that there was never really a love triangle. BUT he was an amazing best friend, even if he made some mistakes along the way, he really cared about Meagan. Besides, he's funny as hell!

6. Grim - The Iron Fey Series by Julie Kagawa

What can I say? Her books are epic. But Grim is exactly what I want in a side character: dry humor when you need it in a story. Also, even if he's a cat who doesn't like showing he cares, he's invested a lot of time in Ash, Puck, and Meagan. He's sweet at heart, deep down in there.

7. Christian - Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead

Oh boy, how you make me smile. He's a side character with such a history and depth to him that I don't know how he couldn't be added to this list!

8. Jenna - Wither by Lauren DeStefano

I can't really explain this one...but Jenna was, out of her and Cecily, that left the most impact on me. She was quiet but she was big hearted.

9. Rhode - Infinite Days by Rebecca Maizel

Okay, I don't consider him a side character since I love him so much but he doesn't really get much face time, so I'm counting him! He only appears in the first 25 pages (which had me at tears) and in memories, but I couldn't resist. I'm definitely more Rhode than I am Justin, that's for sure. He was so loving and willing to do whatever it look to make her happy!

10. Magnus - The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare

Do I really need to explain? Although, I hear we get a lot more of him in COLS (yes, yes, I have NOT read COFA yet...it's staring at me.)

Happy Reading!
Who do you think should also be on here?
-Harmony

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...