12.28.2011

Favorite Books of 2011 (that aren't debuts)

Because it's SO much easier to break it up like that.


The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater: Absolutely amazing with the classic Maggie writing, compelling and beautiful characters, and a fantastic plot.

The Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor: The writing in this book was GORGEOUS. The setting was breath-taking and Karou was a total bad-ass. I loved the world-building and the romance and everything was SO LOVELY.

Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins: LOOOOOVE. I loved Lola and Cricket and their romance and their self-discovery and I loved Anna and St.Clair's appearance in this book. 


A Need So Beautiful by Suzanne Young: I love this book so much! Charlotte and Harlin were amazing characters and the ending was so sad and bittersweet. I can't wait for the sequel!

Drink, Slay, Love by Sarah Beth Durst: Totally hilarious. A great take on Vampires and mythology that was so funny but still intriguing and action-packed.

Texas Gothic by Rosemary Clement Moore: I love this author SO MUCH. The writing is compelling, the ghost witchy murder plot is to die for, and the romance? Slow, sizzling tension! 


Apothecary by Maile Meloy: An in-between of Middle Grade and Young Adult and I absolutely loved it. 

The Gray Wolf Throne by Cinda William Chima: These books are so brilliant, I can't even.

Where She Went by Gayle Forman: I liked If I Stay enough to buy the sequel, so I did. BUT OH MY GOD THE SEQUEL? So amazing. It was sad and beautiful and the writing! And Adam! And Mia! 


Uncommon Criminals by Ally Carter: I thought Heist Society was alright but I got this one for review so I thought: Why not? OH MY GOD. It was funny and smart and the tension between Kat and Hale is as sizzling as ever and the CONS! The cons and the character development and the fact that Hale is the richest person EVA. So much love, can't wait for the second book!


Happy Reading!
Agree with me? Disagree? Should another book have been added?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...