4.24.2012

Top Ten Tuesday: Favorite Characters

Why am I doing a Top Ten Tuesday? I had originally planned on doing a review but it's my BIRTHDAY so I have a pass to be lazy.

TOP TEN FAVORITE CHARACTERS:
(and not just swoony guys, because that list would be a different story.)

1. Katsa from Graceling by Kristin Cashore
Obviously. Katsa is strong on the outside and vulnerable and difficult on the inside and I loved seeing her grow as a person throughout the novel. Plus, so much badassery.

2. Emerson from Hourglass by Myra McEntire
Snarky, funny, stubborn. What more can I ask for?

3. Tris from Divergent by Veronica Roth
Reading the Free Four story on their Facebook page reminded me how much I love Tris as a character. She's brave and strong, despite everything that is thrown at her throughout both the first book and the second. But she's also not a cold rock and she does have her low points, which I appreciated. She's basically my ideal heroine.

4. Sophie from Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins
Honestly the funniest character I've ever had the pleasure of reading about.

5. Saba from Blood Red Road by Moira Young
Saba's got a lot of flaws but deep down in there, she's got a lot of heart and I love that about her so much.

6. Po from Graceling by Kristin Cashore
I know, I'm trying my best not to include guys because that's like swoony love interests type stuff but honestly, he is a stunning character. He's not douchey or a jerk; he's thoughtful and mind and so damn humble and I love him so much.

7. Alina from Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo 
Okay, so this book hasn't come out yet, SORRY. But soon! And I just had to include her in the list. Silent and strong and absolutely lovely.

8. Anna from Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
One of the most realistic heroine I've ever read about if not the most. Yeah, I went there.

9. Widdershins from Thief's Covenant by Ari Marmell
Funny, brave, and she has such heart and she's a THIEF GUYS.

10. Jack from Blood Red Road by Moira Young
Just...just my heart.

BONUS:
11. Warner from Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi
A twisted and definitely psychotic character that still manages to tug at my heart strings. He's my literary Klaus (and I know, I know, Vampire Diaries is a book but I heard it's not nearly as good and IT'S NOT THE SAME. Joseph Morgan was born to be Klaus.)

TATA!
Do you agree? Disagree? Anyone to add?
Happy Reading!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...