6.14.2011

Invincible Summer by Hannah Moskowitz

Before I start the review guys: HOURGLASS by Myra McEntire is out today and you guys know I absolutely adore this book and it's amazing and everyone should have a copy. SO you should go get it.

Who: Hannah Moskowitz
What: Invincible Summer
Where: Simon Pulse
When:
Why: Hype
How: Bought


Noah’s happier than I’ve seen him in months. So I’d be
an awful brother to get in the way of that. It’s not like I have some
relationship with Melinda. It was just a kiss. Am I going to ruin Noah’s
happiness because of a kiss?

Across four sun-kissed, drama-drenched
summers at his family’s beach house, Chase is falling in love, falling in lust,
and trying to keep his life from falling apart. But some girls are addictive....


Invincible Summer was not what I thought it'd be and this is actually a good thing! I don't like the summary at all, because it suggests that Melinda, Chase, and Noah's awful relationship (more on that later though) is the main part of the story. Which, it completely wasn't.

Invincible Summer was a story about family, which I really wish they would have emphasized. It was an amazing story of Chase and Noah and Claudia trying to keep their family together while at the same time in the prime age of discovering themselves and who they are. The book takes place over 4 different summers (Chase starts out as a fourteen year old boy, and ends being eighteen) and you really get the see the unraveling of this huge family being split in two while the children try so hard to stick together.

Noah and Chase's relationship had to be my favorite. They were brothers, and both of them were sometimes really crappy at it, but they loved each other anyway. Which really, is what family is all about. Their relationship with Gideon, their deaf brother, sometimes made me simultaneously want to laugh and cry because it was so beautiful and heartbreaking and when bad things started to happen, I just felt like I couldn't comprehend it, much like Chase.

And then there's Melinda. I hated her. I hated her so much for everything she did and didn't do and ruined. You're in Chase's head, and you really see Melinda in a lot of different ways as the story progresses. And I just...like Chase, I blame her for a lot of things. Invincible Summer, like most of Hannah Moskowitz's books, was raw and powerful and honest.

Happy Reading!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...