12.26.2011

Best Debuts of 2011

AND I'M BACK! And since it's the end of 2011, it's time to do the obligatory 2011 Favorites posts you're going to be seeing everywhere this week! Don't worry; it won't be painful.


Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi: Everything about this book was beautiful and amazing and I completely loved it. Especially the writing, gah!

Legend by Marie Lu: I didn't actually expect this one to make it but when I was scrolling through my covers, I had to put it! Action-packed, nerve-wreaking, kick ass protagonists, must!

Ashes by Ilsa J. Bick: a brilliant, heart-pumping post-acopalyptic (I like hyphen words a lot) that I couldn't stop thinking about once I finished!



The Girl of Fire and Thorns by Rae Carson: An amazing High Fantasy that is a lot like Graceling and definitely lived up to my exceptions. It was everything a High Fantasy should have: beautiful setting, kick-ass heroine with lots of character development, and a heck of a lot of sacrifice.

All These Things I've Done by Gabrielle Zevin: A lot of people thought this book was "okay" but I completely loved it! A lot of people went into it wanting different things, but the minute it turned into more of a mafia crime story, I was hooked!

Divergent by Veronica Roth: No surprise there, right? Divergent was thrilling and absolutely amazing in every way. Tris is one of my favorite all-time heroines. 


Unearthly by Cynthia Hand: That romance was completely breath-taking and Clara was an amazing heroine. Angel mythology gone right, considering I haven't had too great of an experience with it!

Wither by Lauren DeStefano: I want to eat her words for breakfast, people! I have a holy grail of beautiful prose authors: Maggie Steifvater, Tahereh Mafi, and? Lauren DeStefano.

Hourglass by Myra McEntire: Like you guys haven't heard me rave enough? This book is smart, sexy, funny, and everything a time travel book should be! (and it makes sense!)



Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys: I wanted to make this cover the biggest because this book is absolutely breathtaking. It makes you think and cry and it's so raw and sad and hopeful that I just felt a million things while reading it. And because it's historical and about a delicate time a lot of people won't pick it up but PLEASE: do it. You won't regret it. I thank Ruta a million times for writing this book about a whole country of people that most people didn't even know were suffering.

Happy Reading!
Anything you think I should've added?

p.s I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU GUYS TO SEE WHAT'S COMING IN 2012 OH MAI GOD.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...