1.27.2012

Interview: Jodi Meadows, author of Incarnate

Hey guys! Today I have the lovely, lovely Jodi Meadows here for an interview! My review for Incarnate should be up on Sunday but for now, all you need to know is that I think this book is brilliant!

__________________________________________________________

1. If you could live with any three YA characters; who would they be and why?

I'm not sure I'd want to live with any YA characters. They tend to have a lot of problems and I don't want to get roped into that. Drama-free zone here!

2. That's the first time I've gotten that answer, haha! Heart, the city in which Ana finds herself in, is full of different people fulfilling different roles! What do you think you’d be doing if you lived in Heart? 

Because the people of Heart don't have a real concept of other people, at least until Ana shows up, they don't really have . . . fiction. My job -- making things up about people who don't exist -- would be pretty useless there. I'd probably get stuck with a crappy job no one else wanted to do. Maybe Dossam would let me be in the orchestra sometimes.

3. Which character do you think is most like you? Least?

I hope I'm nothing like Li! Or some of the other antagonists!

One of my friends thinks Sam and I are alike because we're both calm. That might be true! I'd love to be as patient and open-minded as Sam. But I'd also love to be as brave and big-hearted as Ana. Sadly, we share a lot of insecurities; we both strongly feel the need to be better than we are, especially when it comes to things we care about. (Music for her, writing for me!)

4. If you could choose a side character to write a story about, who would you choose and why?

Sometimes I think about writing a story from Menehem's (Ana's dad) point of view. He's just so oblivious to what other people feel and think. He'd be interesting to write about, anyway.

5. If you could say something to your younger writing self; what would it be and why?

"Just keep writing." I'd have to be vague on purpose (thus frustrating the heck out of my younger self) because I wouldn't actually want to change anything about my journey to publication, as hard as it was. It made me stronger and a better writer.

__________________________________________________________

Title: Incarnate
Author: Jodi Meadows
Release Date: January 31st, 2012
Publisher: Harperteen
Pages: 384
Edition: Hardcover
Goodreads: Link

NEWSOUL
Ana is new. For thousands of years in Range, a million souls have been reincarnated over and over, keeping their memories and experiences from previous lifetimes. When Ana was born, another soul vanished, and no one knows why.

NOSOUL
Even Ana’s own mother thinks she’s a nosoul, an omen of worse things to come, and has kept her away from society. To escape her seclusion and learn whether she’ll be reincarnated, Ana travels to the city of Heart, but its citizens are suspicious and afraid of what her presence means. When dragons and sylph attack the city, is Ana to blame?

HEART
Sam believes Ana’s new soul is good and worthwhile. When he stands up for her, their relationship blooms. But can he love someone who may live only once, and will Ana’s enemies—human and creature alike—let them be together? Ana needs to uncover the mistake that gave her someone else’s life, but will her quest threaten the peace of Heart and destroy the promise of reincarnation for all?

Jodi Meadows expertly weaves soul-deep romance, fantasy, and danger into an extraordinary tale of new life.

Happy Reading!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...