4.25.2010

The day in which I apologize for this being late!

Sorry guys, that I've pretty much disappeared for the past few days. I've been on and off in the hospital but I'm all better and back in action!
Now, I know I was doing movie week, but.........this book is amazing.
The Iron King
Julie Kagawa
Harlequin
Meghan Chase has a secret destiny --one she could have never imagined.
Something has always slightly off in Meghan's life, ever since her father disappeared right before her eyes when she was six, she never quite fit in at school...or at home.
When a dark stranger begins to watch her from afar, and her prankster best friend becomes fiercely protective of her, Meghan senses that everything she knows is about to change.
But she could have never guessed the truth--that she was the daughter of the mythical faery king and a pawn in a deadly war. Now Meghan must learn just how far she'll go to save someone she cares about, to stop a mysterious evil no faery creature can touch...and to find love with a young prince who would rather see her dead than let her touch his icy heart.
OK, first I'm gonna let you in on a little truth: The only reason I bought the book was for the last line. The one that's bold. I was reading it and my eyes widened, I gripped it tightly and rushed over to buy it. Because that's how I roll ;)
I had seen faery books before, plenty of them (Wicked Lovely, Wings, Lament, Ballad, Wondrous Strange, etc etc) and I was excepting a similar tune, but this surprised me!
Meghan Chase is a strong character, she's confused about the new world she's been thrush ed into, but she's willing to risk her life and face "the mysterious evil". Robbie, her best friend, made me crack up and giggle for a lot of the book, and was the comedic relief in some books of the story.
The faery courts are wonderfully described and each Faery king or queen was unlike any other, especially Titania. I didn't except her to act like that AT ALL. But I guess if I was his wife and found out he had a secret daughter, i'd be pretty pissed too.
Now the story searches out a lot, which is one thing I wasn't very fond of. The first 150 or so pages are in the Nevernever until they finally reach Obernon's court, the summer court. It's not until page 168 or something pages that she finally meets the young prince that's heart is icy. The day she meets Ash.
Ash is the son of Mab, cold destructive winter queen, and is kinda the same in the beginning, but I detected a bit of flirting when they met. But maybe i'm just crazy, tell me in the comment xD. I, personally, loved Ash. He was distant but caring, and he protected her to the best of his abilities that he almost ended up dead.
The ending left me satisfied, but excitedly waiting the sequel, this is The Iron Daughter that comes out August 1st. This book is full of tense scenes, loving chapters, dark pasts, and dangerous futures. GET this book.
-Harmony B.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...