4.14.2011

Special Day. (and yes, a contest.)

So I have an epic post planned for tomorrow that involves a book I love and fangirlin' and lists but today, it's a pretty important day (maybe only for me, but still.)

Why? Because last year on April 14th, I wrote a blog post. Only like three sentences long, on a blog with a really crappy layout, and 1 follower (being Julie, so that doesn't really count), and really it only said: 'Hi, I'm new. I hope you all don't hate me. KISSES.' (I'm paraphrasing, of course.) But people commented. And even back when I started, blogging was not this big. Not yet, you had to give it a few months before it started turning anything close to how it is now. And that little blog post turned into this. This...is insane. And one of the best things that's happened to me. I love this community, I love all the friends I've made over this past year, I love all of you. I never thought, in a thousand years, this will get off its feet. That people would you know...want to read whatever craziness I was saying. That people would watch videos of me spaz out about books and shove them in a camera's face. That I would be going to the biggest book expo in the world in less than two months to meet amazing people.

I want to thank Melina from Reading Vacation, because she's such a sweet girl and was the first person to comment and welcome me into the blogging world (again, Julie excluded.) Jennifer from Crazy For Books for giving me my first ARC (which was Firelight by Sophie Jordan.) Candlewick for my first review book (Stork by Wendy Delsol) and all the other publishers and publicists now that I have the honor of working with. As always, Julie, who getting me off my ass and telling me if I wanted to do this, just do it. No matter what you say, you're awesome.

I want to thank all the bloggers who shamelessly promoted me when I was a baby blog, to all the authors who answered my emails when I had no idea what I was doing, and especially you. This blog isn't possible without you. And to celebrate this event (and the fact that there will be many more to come. I don't plan on stopping anytime soon), yes, I am having a contest. Because I fell like you all deserve it for putting up with my rambling self. THE PRIZES ARE:

  • Abandon by Meg Cabot (ARC, April 26)

  • Bumped by Megan Cafferty (ARC, April 26th)

  • Wildefire by Karsten Knight (YEAH I KNOW. ARC, July 26)

  • Illusions by Aprilynne Pike (ARC, May 3rd)

  • Lark by Tracy Porter (Novella ARC, May 24th)

  • LOTS OF SWAG

The contest ends APRIL 24TH (Yes Easter! Mostly because that's also my REAL birthday, so I wanted to be cool).


The form is here and sadly, I can't make this contest international. SORRY! US & Canada only. Also, YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BE A FOLLOWER to enter this contest. There is an extra entry if you are, because of course I want to reward my lovely followers, but it's definitely not required.


Thank you so much for spending this amazing year with me, guys. As always, happy reading! -Harmony

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...