4.02.2011

A Touch Mortal by Leah Clifford

Who: Leah Clifford
What: A Touch Mortal

When: March 22nd, 2011

Where: HarperTeen Why: Hype

How: Traded


Eden didn't expect Az. Not his saunter down the beach toward her. Not his unbelievable pick-up line. Not the instant, undeniable connection. And not his wings. So long, happily-ever-after. Now trapped between life and death, cursed to spread chaos with her every touch, Eden could be the key in the eternal struggle between heaven and hell. All because she gave her heart to one of the Fallen, an angel cast out of heaven. She may lose everything she ever had. She may be betrayed by those she loves most. But Eden will not be a pawn in anyone else's game. Her heart is her own. And that's only the beginning of the end.

I definitely didn't expect A Touch Mortal to be as freaking badass, intense, and absolutely stunning as it was! If you were expecting your typical angel love story, you're gonna be mega wrong.

A Touch Mortal is the story about a girl named Eden, who falls in love with a fallen angel, and then has to pay the consequences. I was surprised and elated to find that her entanglement with Az might have caused the whole story to happen, but it was never the ultimate focus. A Touch Mortal was 100% Eden's story, and her dealing with the (unwanted, may I add) consequences of loving an angel. Eden in the beginning and Eden after the incident are two completely different people, and I'm glad for that. Eden was kickass, independent, and knew what she had to do, even if she didn't like it. She handled her situation with Az perfectly, and I admired her sense of right and wrong which made her choose what she did.

Character's are big in A Touch Mortal, and they each compliment the plot differently. Adam was not my favorite person in the world, but I liked that he was there for Eden when she needed him and that was the most important thing. Jarrod and Gabe were definitely my favorite of the entire cast, and very well-crafted characters on Leah's part. Libby? I knew it is all I have to say. Kristine was fantastic, and I loved her, though I'm not entirely sure why. Plus, she conveys emotions in poetry, how epic is that?

Finally, we have Az. I love to hate this boy. There were times where I wanted to hit him, hug him, or just read until he went away. What he did was downright wrong, even though in the end, it's where Eden would've ended up anyway. Well, what both he and Gabe did. That ending, I had not been expecting. I love that we find out just where everyone's loyalties lie, and that it's obvious this battle with Luke is far from over.

My rating? AMAZINGNESS


Happy Reading!

-Harmony

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...