7.16.2012

Rereading: time-consuming but amazing.

Hallo everyone! So I think it was yesterday that I was talking with Julie (I can't keep track of our conversations) and we were talking about how we wanted to reread things but felt like we didn't have the time. 

It's always a thin line in blogging: do I read things I can review or should I disregard it and do what I want? I'm not someone who feels like I'm a slave to ARCs because when I want to read a book that's mine, I do it. I have no problem reviewing books that are old (as evident by the fact the review below is from 2010) BUT I can't review a reread, for obvious reasons. So I feel a lot more hesitant to do so because what if because of this, I have nothing to review?

Summer has brought on a problem for me and it's the fact that I never read at home. It's hard for me and I don't know why. I can if I put myself to it and I enjoy myself while doing it, don't get me wrong. But there's SO many other things I could be doing, that I always get my attention pulled away at one point. It's come to the point that the books I review are books I read the day before instead of the book I read a week ago.

But enough of that, the main point of this post is to show some books I really, really want to reread and also get your stance on rereading books! Do you love it? Hate it? I know a lot of people don't see the point but when I reread, it kind of feels like I'm visiting old friends. I know their personalities and their styles but that still doesn't make the experience any less enjoyable.

(for the record, I've already reread: Shatter Me, Divergent, Daughter of Smoke and Bone, Incarnate, and obviously Graceling)

BOOKS I WANT TO REREAD:

 Shadow and Bone | Leigh Bardugo | Henry Holt & Co
Surrounded by enemies, the once-great nation of Ravka has been torn in two by the Shadow Fold, a swath of near impenetrable darkness crawling with monsters who feast on human flesh. Now its fate may rest on the shoulders of one lonely refugee.

Alina Starkov has never been good at anything. But when her regiment is attacked on the Fold and her best friend is brutally injured, Alina reveals a dormant power that saves his life—a power that could be the key to setting her war-ravaged country free. Wrenched from everything she knows, Alina is whisked away to the royal court to be trained as a member of the Grisha, the magical elite led by the mysterious Darkling.

Yet nothing in this lavish world is what it seems. With darkness looming and an entire kingdom depending on her untamed power, Alina will have to confront the secrets of the Grisha…and the secrets of her heart.


 Brightly Woven | Alexandra Bracken |  Egmont
The day the rains came was like any other, blistering air coating the canyon in a heavy stillness....
Just as the rains come after ten long, dry years, a young wizard, Wayland North, appears, to whisk Sydelle Mirabil away from her desert village. North needs an assistant, and Sydelle is eager to see the country - and to join him on his quest to stop the war that surely will destroy her home. But North has secrets - about himself, about why he chose Sydelle, about his real reasons for the journey. What does he want from her? And why does North's sworn enemy seem fascinated by Sydelle himself?

 Anna and the French Kiss | Stephanie Perkins | Dutton
Anna is looking forward to her senior year in Atlanta, where she has a great job, a loyal best friend, and a crush on the verge of becoming more. Which is why she is less than thrilled about being shipped off to boarding school in Paris - until she meets Etienne St. Clair: perfect, Parisian (and English and American, which makes for a swoon-worthy accent), and utterly irresistible. The only problem is that he's taken, and Anna might be, too, if anything comes of her almost-relationship back home. As winter melts into spring, will a year of romantic near - misses end with the French kiss Anna - and readers - have long awaited?
Epic Fail | Clarie LeZebnik | HarperTeen
At Coral Tree Prep in Los Angeles, who your parents are can make or break you. Cast in point:
- As the son of Hollywood royalty, Derek Edwards is pretty much prince of the school - not that he deigns to acknowledge many of his loyal subjects.- As the daughter of the new principal, Elise Benton isn't exactly on everyone's must-sit-next-to-at-lunch list.
When Elise's beautiful sister catches the eye of the prince's best friend, Elise gets to spend a lot of time with Derek, making her the envy of every girl on campus. Except she refuses to fall for any of his rare smiles and instead warms up to his enemy, the surprisingly charming social outcast Webster Grant. But in this hilarious tale of fitting in and flirting, not all snubs are undeserved, not all celebrity brats are bratty, and pride and prejudice can get in the way of true love for only so long.

And that's my basic list! I want to do before the month is over so let's see if I accomplish my goal! What about you? What books do you want to reread? Do we have anything in common?
Happy Reading!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...