8.30.2012

If You Like...Slightly (or Very) Crazy Narrators (1)

Oh my god Harmony is doing that thing where she makes a new feature and hopefully she won't abandon it in three weeks (I know, I know. But now that final renovations are on the way for my website and my move to wordpress, I'm slowly starting to put all of my ideas that I was waiting for the big change to reveal...but yup, there's a lot of stuff in store!)

This feature is pretty self-explanatory. If you like SOMETHING or want to try SOMETHING, I recommend to you a few books that have to do with that thing! It's mostly a way for me to bring some awareness to books I love, which is most of the point of this blog, but also because you guys have mentioned you wanted me to do this :)





Bleeding Violet by Dia Reeves    
a girl who is manic depressive in a crazy weird town in Texas 
        
The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
now there's no concrete proof that Mara is crazy but she's definitely an unreliable narrator

Slice of Cherry by Dia Reeves
Basically anything Dia writes is crazy. Two sisters who are the daughters of a serial killer and
have inherited some....mutual interests. 


Now I know you guys are all like: wha? But Shatter Me is written as a sort of stream of
concious first person narrative and Juliette is definitely damaged. (You notice it more so
in Unravel Me, which I'm reading right now, and that's why I included it. What do I think so far 
of it, you ask? Kenji is now easily in my Top 10 favorite characters.)

Life Is But A Dream by Brian James
A schizophrenic girl finds love in a mental hospital but things aren't what they seem, as usual. 

And that's it for me! See you guys tomorrow with my spoiler-y Full Metal Alchemist post which sorry of you guys who aren't into anime or manga but...no regrets. It's going to be something that happens every so often on the blog, I might make it a bi-weekly feature!
Happy Reading!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...