9.15.2012

Food For Thought: Character Appearances (11)

Hey guys! So today's topic is a bit of a random subject but it's something I think about a lot: character descriptions.


I always see people getting annoyed when they have models on the cover that don't match their descriptions/models at all because it distorts the image in their head. The description of the character is the only thing that matters, you know?

But I don't pay attention to them. Like I could read a book where the main character's features aren't mentioned once and I'd likely not even notice.

I can't tell you the features of virtually away of my favorite characters (a few notable exceptions: I know Katsa's hair is brown, Meghan's hair is blonde, Four has a crooked nose)

I'm really curious if I'm the only one who does this? When I'm reading a book, the picture in my head are just like....blobs. I don't even know how to explain it coherently but it's just never something that comes to mind when I'm recalling a book I've read.

So let me know down in the comments and guys: if you want me to cover anything on Food For Thought (or if it's something lengthy, a discussion post) just leave it down in the comments below! You guys know I love writing discussion posts.
Happy Reading!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...