6.03.2010

The day in which i am Spirit Bound

Thursday, O6.O3.1O

I am so sorry for not posting for the past few days! I've been plummeted with exams and such and now i'm free :)

Spirit Bound
Richelle Mead
~ Penguin Books ~
h


Dimitri gave Rose the ultimate choice. But she chose wrong…
h
After a long and heartbreaking journey to Dimitri’s birthplace in Siberia, Rose Hathaway has finally returned to St. Vladimir’s—and to her best friend, Lissa. It is nearly graduation, and the girls can’t wait for their real lives beyond the Academy’s iron gates to begin. But Rose’s heart still aches for Dimitri, and he's out there, somewhere.
h
She failed to kill him when she had the chance. And now her worst fears are about to come true. Dimitri has tasted her blood, and she knows in her heart that he is hunting her. And if Rose won't join him, he won't rest until he's silenced her...forever.

h
Don't like that summary a lot, but ehh. Just saying, THIS IS THE BEST VA BOOK SO FAR! It had the perfect mix of romance, action, butt-kicking, friendship, and mystery all packed into one 489 pages of awesome!
First of all, oh my god the drama. Rose and Adrian (who I love love love!) are together and he actually makes her not think of Dimitri and her failed attempt at killing him so much. I know, totally sweet right? Now, Adrian is my favorite character in this series, my second being Christan, and third being Rose. Now Lissa's nice and all...but I don't really like her. Especially more so in Spirit Bound.

Well, Rose has finally graduated (with flying colors) and is going to the royal court to spend a few weeks before she gets assigned to her Moroi. Which she hopes is Lissa of course, but with all the things she did in the past four books, that's not such a good bet. Christan and Lissa are still broken up from Blood Promise, Adrian is still awesomely awesome and Rose is still pining for Dimitri. Oh and Dimitri's sending love notes/death threats. Lovely, correct?
A lot more is discovered over the Royal Court, things that weren't very established over the other books. You get a real inside look to how the system works and all the families. Tatiana (the ice queen) has a lot more layers to her than most people would think with the whole "Stay away from my nephew!" thing before, but she's a nice character and I ended up liking her.
Now the raging argument part of this post, Dimitri or Adrian. I actually stated my opinion on this in one of the comments but I'll put it again. I am now firmly Team Adrian. I have been since Dimitri turned Strigoi. Because in my opinion, Dimitri has done some horrible, horrible things as a Strigoi. Not only to her (mostly her) but to other people. And he will never be able to forgive himself. Not Dimitri and how he is. He won't forgive himself for almost turning her into a blood whore in Blood Promise. And Adrian is funny and sweet and hot and absolutely crazy about her. He's perfect for her in every way and they make an amazingly cute couple. And plus, he makes her happy. Like, real happy. While I love Dimitri, i'm firmly standing on this point.
This book was so exciting, I had too put it down sometimes because i'd feel out of breath. Haha :D
And the ending! Oh. My. God. Cliffhanger much? I flipped to the last page and was like "Oh geez, I have to wait until December?!?!?!" It leaves you practically hungry for more.
h
My rating: AWESOMESAUCE. Best out of all 5.
The next and LAST book: Last Sacrifice, comes out on December 7th.
h
Comment! Discuss! Happy Reading!
-Harmony B.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...