6.21.2010

The day in which I have a " 2010 Debut Author" week

Hi guys! I've been planning this for a while now, talking to some really nice authors to put this up! I call it:

2010 Debut Author Week!

Sounds exciting, right? Well pretty much, i'm going to have a chain of authors whose books debut in 2010 come over to the blog and talk a little bit about themselves and such. All authors get asked the same three questions and it was wildly entertaining to listen to their different answers! And at the end of the week (Friday) I'll have a special author interview where she'll actually answer your questions and comments on the comments! Ah, just thinking it gets me excited!

Ok, first up is Denise Jaden, debut author of Losing Faith (I WoW-ed this last last week if I remember correctly). It has a beautiful cover and summary: When Brie's sister, Faith, dies in a fall from a cliff, Brie's world falls apart. As she goes through the bizarre and devastating process of mourning the sister she never understood, Brie must also contend with increasingly distant parents, her boyfriend's betrayal, and her sudden outcast status at school. And once she's over the initial shock of Faith's death, Brie is encountering more questions than closure: Certain facts about the way Faith died just don't line up. She soon uncovers Faith's role in a dark and twisted religious cult...a cult that now wants Brie as a member.
Coming in September 2010 http://www.denisejaden.com/

Welcome, Denise! If you could live with any three YA characters, who would they be?

Kate Malone from Laurie Halse Anderson’s CATALYST – she’s clean and organized and would motivate me to stay in shape; Macy Queen from Sarah Dessen’s THE TRUTH ABOUT FOREVER – she would keep the house clean, I’m sure of it (are you noticing a trend here – I’m seriously looking for someone to help keep my house clean and organized!); and for a third, I’d choose one of my own characters, Tessa Lockbaum. She’s interesting and resourceful and a great person to have on my side.

Where do you want to be ten years from now?

Ten years from now, I hope my son will be graduating (I homeschool him, so that will be a big accomplishment for me too!) and I would love to have five more books on the shelves. I hope to have more than an hour a day for writing by then as well.

If you could go back in time, what would you tell your old writing self?
Well, actually I wasn’t a writer when I was younger. However, if I had been, I probably would tell myself the same things I tell myself now: enjoy the process and take a mental break from the business-side of writing every once in a while. Write what you love. Explore what you’re passionate about.

Thanks so much, Denise! Hope you guys enjoyed it, I enjoyed interviewing her!
Comment! Discuss! Happy Reading!
-Harmony B.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...