6.16.2010

The day in which I have Perfect Chemistry

Sorry I haven't been posting reviews lately, I'm preparing for my first year of high schools and orientations and summer reading is taking up a lot of my time!


h

Perfect Chemistry
Simone Elkeles


h
When Brittany Ellis walks into chemistry class on the first day of senior year, she has no clue that her carefully created “perfect” life is about to unravel before her eyes. She’s forced to be lab partners with Alex Fuentes, a gang member from the other side of town, and he is about to threaten everything she's worked so hard for—her flawless reputation, her relationship with her boyfriend, and the secret that her home life is anything but perfect. Alex is a bad boy and he knows it. So when he makes a bet with his friends to lure Brittany into his life, he thinks nothing of it. But soon Alex realizes Brittany is a real person with real problems, and suddenly the bet he made in arrogance turns into something much more.
In a passionate story about looking beneath the surface, Simone Elkeles breaks through the stereotypes and barriers that threaten to keep Brittany and Alex apart.


I've had countless friends tell me to read this, seen it around hundreds of time, but finally when I saw on my good friend Julie's blog (http://www.bloggers-heart-books.blogspot.com/) I said THAT'S IT, and borrowed it from a friend.
And GEEZ, it did not disappoint. Perfect Chemistry had everything it was supposed to have: fast-paced action, romance, and everything in between. If your seriously doubting buying it, JUST DO IT. NOW. Seriously, like go. But finish reading first ;)
I loved Alex and Brittany's personalities. They were both stubborn, fiery, and did what you felt was right even if it hurt them.
The side characters really made me smile. Paco, Sierra, Isa, Luis. They all made me want to hug them :)
This is possibly one of my favorite contemporary books. No, IT IS!
There romance felt so real! They were a true couple, not one that were too controlled with each other (not by a long shot ;) but they also weren't "AHHHH take me away!" They're relationship was careful and beautiful and THE LAST CHAPTER MADE ME CRY!
Ah, even if Alex was a gang banger, he is high on my list of favorite guys.
I rate: AWESOMESAUCE.
The companion novel, Rules of Attraction, is already out!
h
Comment! Discuss! Happy Reading!
-Harmony B.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...