7.03.2010

The day in which I am Wondrous Strange


Who: Lesley Livingston

What: Wondrous Strange

Where:
Barnes & Nobles Book Depository Indie Bound

When: 12/23/2008

Why: Had already read it, wanted my own copy.

How: Bought



Since the dawn of time, the Faerie have taken. . . .

Seventeen-year-old actress Kelley Winslow always thought faeries were
just something from childhood stories. Then she meets Sonny Flannery. He's a
changeling—a mortal taken as an infant and raised among Faerie—and within short
order he's turned Kelley's heart inside out and her life upside down.

For Kelley's beloved Central Park isn't just a park—it's a gateway
between her ordinary city and the Faerie's dangerous, bewitching Otherworld. Now
Kelley's eyes are opening not just to the Faerie that surround her, but to the
heritage that awaits her . . . a destiny both wondrous and strange

Review:

I'm gonna say something: I HAVE AN OBSESSION WITH FAERIE BOOKS. Seriously, love them so much. And Wondrous Strange was no exception! I love love love loved it!

The thing that grabbed me the most about this book is the way Lesley weaved together perfectly the world of Theatre and the world of the Fey. The fact that she is performing in A Midsummer Night's dream which just happens to have Puck/Oberon/Titania in it made me laugh.

The plot was very unique actually, even though it does keep to the whole, "fey royalty" that goes on in most Faerie Books. But there's something special about it, the way Lesley writes about Faeries had me flipping the pages quickly to see what was next. I loved how she mixed so many myths, so many creatures in the plot, weaving them perfectly together so it didn't seem weird at all. THERE WAS EVEN A SIREN IN IT. If you guys didn't know, I kinda have an obsession with Sirens. I think they're cool :P

Now I'll talk about Kelley, because she was one amazing heroine. I mean, she was perfectly stubborn (because sometimes they're too stubborn and it's annoying.) Also I love how when Sonny tried to convince her he was a faery, she didn't just accept it or stare at him wide-eyed. SHE LAUGHED! Honestly, if someone told you they were a faery changeling, you'd laugh too! I would! She was head-strong, did what she believed was right, and even though she fumbled on her lines the first time around, is an amazing actress! I always love seeing pieces of the authors coming out in the characters. Lesley is an actress as well!

Speaking of Sonny, *swoon*. Can I have one? Like seriously, are they for sale? Because I WILL buy! I mean: he kicks MAJOR faerie-butt, he's insanely cute, and even though Kelley laughs in his face, he still helps her! Again, TOTAL SWOON-AGE!

The ending wrapped up nicely, and DEFINITELY wanting more. Good thing Darklight had already come out when I read it.

COVER: Do I even have to say anything about this absolutely BEAUTIFUL cover! I mean, it reflects Kelley perfectly and has that air of mystery that the words have as well!

My rating: AWESOMESAUCE. From the characters, to the plot, to the romance (which you know is a must for me), everything was AWESOME! I have no complaints from this book.

Comment! Discuss! Happy Reading!
-Harmony B.


p.s THIS HAS A KELPIE IN IT! If that doesn't convince you to get it, I don't know what will.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...