7.08.2010

The day in which I have Cover love at first sight (1)

A lot of people do features about covers but really? THEY'RE BEAUTIFUL! Most people judge books by there covers (don't lie) and it's a guarantee that you'll be more hesitant to pick up a book if the cover is ugly! So here, every THURSDAY, I shall do three covers which I fell in LOVE with at first sight :)


This week:














Halo by Alexandra Adornetto: Do I need to say anything about this beauty? Seriously, whoever designed this cover is a genius! The fact that the people are shadows give it a more mysterious feel than if they were visible, and the sunset (and the fact they look like they're about to kiss) hints at the romantic aspect of the story. And then seeing her wings and not seeing his makes you think: does he have wings? Very, very nice.

The Dark Divine by Bree Despain: Have a ever told you I have an obsession with purple-and-black covers? Like seriously, my best friend/co-writer makes fun of me for it all the time. I think every black-and-purple cover is GORGEOUS! Admit it, it's usually true. The position of the legs show uncertainty and shyness and the contrast of the pale legs with the purple and black just look BEAUTIFUL!

Torment by Lauren Kate: I just love all the Fallen covers. They're always so Gothicy beautiful. I mean, LOOK AT THIS! It's just....breathtaking. I'd buy this just to have that cover on my shelf! Honestly! :P The fact that her back is turned probably means she's not sure of who she is, and that many secrets are either being kept from her and by her. Interesting, very interesting ;)
So, what are some of your favorite covers?

Happy Reading!
-Harmony B.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...