10.23.2012

Top Ten Tuesday: Halloween Books!

I thought this looked fun and since Halloween is coming up, let's do this! (also just a warning before my official announcement: I WILL be moving to Wordpress this weekend. I know, I know, crazy.)

TOP TEN BOOKS THAT WILL (HOPEFULLY) FREAK YOU OUT.

1. Frost by Marianna Bear 

This is my go-to scary psychological freaky book. It's about a girl who moves in to an old boarding house with her friends for the school year and of course, horrifying stuff happens while she's there!

2. Bleeding Violet by Dia Reeves

Girl with manic depressive disorder that moves to this small town in Texas that has a bunch of freaky secrets? Reeves is a master at writing weird, slightly disturbing books and while this is the milder of the two, it's no exception!

3. Slice of Cherry by Dia Reeves

THE DAUGHTERS OF A SERIAL KILLER WHO HAVE TEA PARTIES OF BLOOD AND DESTRUCTION. Like honestly, best description I can give you for this eerie book.

4. Ashes by Isla J. Bick

This one is less scary, more gory! But gore is kind of scary, right?

5. Enclave by Ann Aguirre

Another one that is kind of gory but plus it's ALSO about freaky zombie-like things coming to kill and eat you.

6. Cryer's Cross by Lisa McMann

Oh man, guys. I thought this wasn't going to be that scary but did McMann prove me wrong. The chapters told in the point of view of the actual scary creatures were the worst part!

7. Anything by Holly Black ever

It's dark and gritty and a great alternative if you don't want to get freaked out but you still want that kind of feeling of scary!

8. Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr 

Another dark series that I can definitely recommend!

9. The Diviners by Libba Bray

SO GOOD AND YES FREAKY. Not scary enough that you'll be completely spooked but just enough ghosts and killers to get your blood pumping.

10. The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin

I picked this one because the mystery and the unreliable narrator make for a very dark halloween-ish mood!

And that's it for me today!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...