5.03.2010

The day in which I become The Iron Daughter.



The Iron Daughter
Julie Kagawa
Harlequin Teen
August 1st

OK, I got this Advanced Reader's Copy (ARC) from Netgalley.com so I can't say much because:
1) It's a gallery so it's subject to change from the final product
2) It's coming up in a long time.

h
If you liked The Iron King, prepare yourself for The Iron Daughter. It's an intoxicating, fast-paced, beautiful book with heart-wreaking moments to action sequences that left me breathless.

IF YOU DIDN'T READ THE IRON KING, DON'T READ ON.

We left Meghan Chase when Ash had come to get her to take her to the Winter Court. Their contract was going to be completed. In The Iron Daughter, Meghan is all alone in The Winter Court. Ash, her beloved Winter Prince (mine as well), has disappeared. And when Mab finally wants to speak to her, she doesn't believe a word Meghan says about the Iron fey, even with Ash backing up her words. Meghan's also dealing with Ash's sudden coldness towards her (like freakin' snow/sleet/blizzard cold). When the scepter of the Season's is stolen by the Iron Fey, it's up to Meghan to get it back. With a little help from everyone else.
YOU CAN CONTINUE READING NOW. BUT IF YOU HAVEN'T READ THE IRON KING, READ IT!
All the characters you knew and loved in The Iron king are in this book! They are back and ready to kick some iron! Team Puck people will get to see some more Puck feelings, but so will Team Ash people ;). The action in this book is amazing, and you get more of an insight into the different types of Iron Fey and how they work.

You also learn a lot more about the Winter Court and how it feds off emotions and the weak. The Winter Court is a violent whirlwind of cold and dark feelings that will leave you stunned. I had never liked the Winter Court as much as I did in this book. I always prefer Summer, which is fun and frivolous and temperamental. But Julie showed me a side of the Winter Court that I found interesting! You also met Ash's brothers, Rowan and Sage, and how a simple sibling rivalry can run so deep.
Most sequels become a let-down to the first book, but this one blew me away. I couldn't pry my eyes off the computer! Honestly, I could say I enjoyed it even more. The Iron Daughter swept me off my feet, taking me into a magical world where not everything is what it seems and promises are always meant to be kept.
b Rating: AWESOMESAUCE. Duh.
Look out for this one! Happy Reading!
-Harmony B.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...