5.22.2012

Book Theme Songs (1)

So since I listen to music (duh), I decided I'd try to do this! I'm not very good at picking songs for books but HEY, the only thing better than watching someone be good at something is watching someone be bad at something? Maybe? YAY.

It may not be the lyrics, it might be the mood of the song or anything like that! So here we go!

disclaimer: most of these will possibly be Florence and the Machine because I just finished buying the whole album and hejsgbdjthnjtd, jesus. Love.

Monstrous Beauty by Elizabeth Fama - Leave My Body by Florence and the Machine


I'm gonna leave my body
moving up to higher ground
i'm gonna lose my mind
history keeps pulling me down


If I Stay & Where She Went by Gayle Forman - Never Let Me Go by Florence And The Machine


No need to pray, no need to speak
now I am under
and it's breaking over me
a thousand down to the sea bed
found a place to rest my head
never let me go.

Masque of the Red Death by Bethany Griffin - Black Dog by Kelli Schaefer 


I can't bury the black dog
mortuary singing 'til the sun comes up
you ain't getting a hold of me.
bones bleeding if bones would bleed
soaring, seething
all in harmony.

and this is kind of cheating, because it's the song used in the book trailer, but I can't listen to this without nearly wanting to burst into tears a little bit:

The Fault In Our Stars by John Green - Permafrost by Laurana 



sometimes I feel like i'm permafrost
alone in the tundra, i'm really lost
and to think this is how I feel
like the ground is melting and nothing is real

What do you think? Good choices?
Can you think of any songs that go with these books? Different books?
Do you want me to do another one of these? Happy Reading!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...