OH MY GOD, first time doing a readathon in forever. Why? Because I'm not good at them! But I figured: a week long one? With finals and AP exams already over? Challenge accepted! I have to post up a goals list so...here it is!
What is Bout of Books you ask?
(from the website)
The Bout of Books Read-a-Thon was created by Amanda @ On a Book Bender on a complete whim in August 2011. It took on a life of its own and was such a hit that Amanda decided to do it again and turn it into a somewhat regular occurrence. There are no set dates for Bout of Books; rather, Amanda tries to work with Bout of Books participants to determine the best dates for them.MY GOALS YOU ASK?
However, there are a few things about Bout of Books that will always stay the same.
- It is a week-long read-a-thon, usually from 12:01am on a Monday through 11:59pm on a Sunday in whatever time zone you are in.
- Bout of Books is low pressure, meaning participants are only asked to push themselves to read more than they normally would during any given week. There is no competition between readers.
- How much time a reader wants, and can commit, to read, tweet, or network with fellow bloggers is left to individual preference. All challenges and giveaways are optional.
- Networking with fellow bloggers is actively encouraged, though never required. Co-hosts are there to facilitate blog hopping and interaction between participants.
- Use Twitter to post updates throughout the read-a-thon. Everyone will be tweeting with the #boutofbooks hashtag.
- Sweet Evil by Wendy Higgins
- Purity by Jackson Pearce
- Re-read Daughter of Smoke And Bone by Laini Taylor
- Awake At Dawn by C.C Hunter
- Breaking Beautiful by Jennifer Shaw Wolf
- Bad Girls Don't Die by Katie Alender
- Monstrous Beauty by Elizabeth Fama
- Last Rite by Lisa Desrochers
So you want to join me? Go to the website linked above and fill in the form! So excited!